WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN TAKING THE NEXT STEP IN YOUR RECOVERY
Each client of SOMETHING IN BETWEEN must have a sponsor and commit to attending Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) / Narcotics Anonymous (NA) / Cocaine Anonymous (CA) meetings each week; one a day for 1st ninety (90) days, then a minimum of 4 per week thereafter.
SIB insists that every client be employed within two weeks of residence or be engaged in meaningful and structured volunteer work or attending school full-time. We will assist clients in finding employment and/or refer them to those reputable charitable organizations.
We at SIB believe that every recovering person has a responsibility to themselves and to the community not to become or remain a burden to society.
We believe that every person in recovery needs to give back what they have gotten, and our view is that no person shall sit in a bedroom and be sedentary.
Every client of SIB must comply with this philosophy or find another place to reside.
We hope that your experience in the SIB program, will be the cornerstone for you for building a foundation in recovery. We at SIB not only talk the talk, but more importantly, we walk the walk. Our goal is to provide a clean, healthy, spiritual environment for men willing to do what it takes to change their lives and remain alcohol and drug free. Let us be a small part of your success.
1. There is a ZERO TOLERANCE policy for alcohol or drugs, in you, on the property or in personal property.
2. We conduct random drug screens and alcohol breathalysers. Drug testing will be mandatory upon return from personal passes. A positive test will result in dismissal from the house in accordance with your membership agreement in the SIB program as well as Section 117.06 of the City of Delray Beach Ordinance 30-09 Tenant/Occupant Eviction which requires either forty-eight (48) hours notice of eviction in writing or an alternate temporary dwelling unit for at least forty-eight (48) hours.
3. No weapons or drug paraphernalia permitted on the premises or in personal vehicles.
4. Gambling in any form is not permitted on SOMETHING IN BETWEEN property.
5. Violations of probation, house arrest, driver’s license suspension or other DOC restrictions will not be tolerated.
6. Each resident must notify the staff immediately if your prescribed medications change. Unauthorized and unreported use if any mind-altering drugs (i.e. anti-depressants, etc.) will result in dismissal in accordance with Section 117.06 of the City of Delray Beach Ordinance 30-09 Tenant/Occupant Eviction which requires either forty-eight (48) hours notice of eviction in writing or an alternate temporary dwelling unit for at least forty-eight (48) hours.
7. Theft or vandalism of SOMETHING IN BETWEEN property will not be tolerated and will result in immediate termination of enrollment in SIB mentoring program, thus terminating your rights to stay in the residence.
8. No physical acting out of any kind – no yelling – no verbal threats! Please curb profane and indecent language.
9. No pornographic material (including computer use) on SIB property.
10. Smoking is not allowed inside the house at any time. There is a designated smoking area. Place butts ONLY in the ashtray provided.
11. All vehicles on the SIB property are to be legally registered, insured and operated by a licensed driver.
12. Park cars/motorcycles/scooters in the driveway. Bicycles must be parked in the garage.
13. Do not repair your vehicles on SIB property or on the neighborhood streets.
14. Curfew is at 11:30 PM every weeknight and 1:00 AM on weekends (Friday and Saturday). This is strictly enforced. Failure to comply will result in termination of your membership in SIB program (eviction).
15. Visitors to SOMETHING IN BETWEEN must be approved and absolutely NO visitors are ever permitted in the bedrooms. Women are not permitted in residence at any time.
16. There will be no intimate behavior allowed with anyone inside SIB.
17. Each person is responsible for their own cleanliness, the cleanliness of their room and the overall cleanliness of the house.
18. Each resident will be assigned a chore / chores. Failure to do so will result in that resident doing one (1) hour community service for SIB.
19. Do not leave dirty dishes in the sink. It is the responsibility of each resident to wash their dishes right away.
20. Each resident is responsible for purchasing their own food.
21. Borrowing without permission is stealing and will result in dismissal in accordance with Section 117.06 of the City of Delray Beach Ordinance 30-09 Tenant/Occupant Eviction which requires either forty-eight (48) hours notice of eviction in writing or an alternate temporary dwelling unit for at least forty-eight (48) hours